With the holiday season rapidly approaching, do you need some gift ideas for the sailors in your life? Here are 10 fabulously practical cruising gifts that will quickly become favourites.
1. Practical and attractive, 100% organic cotton Tees, and more, from the Wild Heart Gypsy Spirit Shop (of course). Cotton helps keep you cool in hot months and is perfect for layering under warmer clothes. These products are sustainably made, plus I donate 10% of the profits to help protect our oceans and coastlines.
2. Anything Musto clothing. Seriously, I love this brand; my wet weather gear, thermals, deck shorts and spray jacket are all Musto. It’s my “go to” sailing clothing.
One of favourites is the Sardinia BR1 Spray jacket for men and women. it’s waterproof, breathable, windproof and mesh-lined, making it a great option for light rain, slightly cooler weather or when you want a little layering to keep you warm. I’m on my second one, after wearing the first one out after several years.
3. Stock your boat with eco friendly goods to minimize single use plastic onboard – you can see some suggestions that I’ve used here.
Electronics and Tools
4. Sena SPH10 headsets. I written about why I love these here. It make communication on a larger yacht so much easier. I wouldn’t be without them as they make anchoring and berthing less stressful and you’ll look so cool coming into port.
5.GoPro camera and jaws flex neck clamp. Great for documenting your adventures, above and below the water. The jaws flex neck clamp allows you to clamp the fitting to your boat and let the camera do the work. There’s a range of accessories you can add as you go but for on board recording, this clamp is a straightforward to set up and reposition.
6. Leatherman Multi-Tool. We have the Leatherman Wave onboard. This is a terrific multi-tool to have on-hand for all those small jobs that come up unexpectedly on a boat.
Comfort and Exercise
7. Comfort Seats. Durable and very hardwearing, we’ve used these seats on our last monohull and we’re still using them on Wild Heart for relaxing on the foredeck. Easy to store as they lay flat and they’re not too bulky to put away.
8. Inflatable, solar powered Luci Lights. We use these around the dinner table to create mood lighting and leave them outside to guide us home at night if we’ve been out for the evening.
9. Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Board. A great way to exercise, explore anchorages and get to shore. We have Red Paddle Co boards and are extremely happy with the quality and rigidity when pumped up.
Have a great holiday season and enjoy sailing where ever you are.
What’s on your sailing wish list?
Disclosure: Some of the links above are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I earn a few cents if you click through and make a purchase. I only link to products I actually use and can confidently recommend.